Thursday, November 23, 2006

The Pink Floyd Experience


Rick and I went to see The Pink Floyd Experience at the QPAC concert hall last night. Absolutely awesome tribute show, with (obviously) years of practice in recreating the Pink Floyd sound and vision. Well worth seeing (and hearing). They did a full version of "The Wall", building up the wall throughout the show, and breaking it down at the end. Plenty of theatrics as well as superb music. It was amusing to see some older members of the crowd getting up and leaving as the show built to a finale. Sometimes I have no idea why people buy tickets to shows which are obviously not suited to their tastes... Mmm...
I'm nearly ready to leave Australia for the cold & darkness of Ireland, with a quick stop in Portsmouth, England on the way to look at buying a car. I'm just packing my 2nd Jumbo Box now, to be sent with DHL of course! Clare has returned from San Antonio, Texas, which was rather like Brisbane, to an icy/murky November in Dundalk and Northern Ireland... Now you can start to understand why there are so many pubs in Ireland and so many households have Sky TV... When daylight starts to go under 8 hours a day... They're sure not out having BBQ's, but at least they have plenty of water!
The Ashes has started today and is showing on all the tv's in my call centre. I would rather watch grass grow.

No comments: