Saturday, January 20, 2007

Working Life in Ireland (Christmas Update #3)


So I guess the biggest news for me (Joe) is that I'm back with DHL Express, in Swords, just near Dublin Airport. I'm working as a Key Accounts Advisor, which is quite interesting, looking after the day to day runnings of some of DHL Ireland's largest accounts. The role is mainly proactive, and my past experience with DHL has allowed me to take up the ropes pretty quickly. So everyday, I go down the lift in our apartment building, into the underground carpark, drive to Swords (about 45-50 minutes on the motorway), into the DHL underground carpark, then up in the lift to my floor. Consequently, I've joined the gym and I'm going 2-3 times a week! Clare continues to do well in her role and went to the Netherlands last week, and off for some meetings and audits in Southern Ireland on Sunday night. We spent a recent weekend checking out some of the areas south of Dundalk, and discovered a little fishing village called Annagassan. We loved it, so we're currently negotiating to move into a new apartment there overlooking the sea. It's very quiet and the village has just 1 local pub and shop. But it's very beautiful, and will make a change from Dundalk (but only about 15 minutes away). The 2 photos of Annagassan in this update are actually from the local pub website, The Glyde Inn, so please feel free to come and join us for a Guinness or two... We'll keep you updated with how it all goes!
Also, all of the pictures from our recent trip to Germany are posted here. Please take a look if you like.

No comments: